How does klonopin (clonazepam) affect serotonin?

Klonopin (clonazepam) does effect. Serotonin receptors. It decreases the serotonin available in the synapse by upregulation of the serotonin transporter which whisks serotonin out of the synaptic space. It's mechanism of actions is therefor diametrically opposed to that of ssri's which block the re-uptake transporters. Adv neurol 43: 629–43. Pmid 2418652.
It doesn't. Klonopin (clonazepam) does not work via serotonin. Like other benzodiazepines, it binds to gaba-a receptors ; complexes, causing inhibition of neuronal firing at the level of the limbic system, the brain stem reticular formation, and the cortex. Anti-anxiety activity comes first, then anticonvulsant effects, next a reduction in muscle tone, and finally sedation. It induces tolerance and habituation too.