Lower back pain between ribcage and pelvis right side, spot tender to touch, radiating to buttock and leg hot patch made it worse, what could this be?

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management
In brief: Many things
It could be caused by a herniated disc, spinal arthritis, something called spinal stenosis or a list of other things.
As always, it is difficult to say what is causing a patients pain without seeing them in person. I would simply admonish you to see your doctor if it is really bothering you.

In brief: Many things
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
In brief: Muscular
Self or profess massage, chiropractor, yoga, heat, stretching all are needed.
My favorite in my practice is acupuncture and myofascial tissue release. Be careful some docs will place the blame in you disc and advise surgery or epidurals .... No!

In brief: Muscular
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Dr. Chris Hayes
In brief: Might be shingles
It depends on how long you've had these symptoms.
If it's just been a day or two, watch for blisters or a red rash in the area. Early shingles will cause a burning pain in the involved area of skin before the rash comes out. If the pain has been there a while and radiating from back to buttlock you might be having muscle spasm, a pinched nerve, or even a kidney stone. See your doc.

In brief: Might be shingles
Dr. Chris Hayes
Dr. Chris Hayes
Dr. Chris Hayes
If this were shingles he would have had a rash by now, so it's not that. I'd start by seeing a family doc. He/she can order physical therapy if this is muscular and order imaging to look for other issues if necessary.