Can u feel ovulatory pains and not be ovulating? Ps. I am on Depo-Provera provera (medroxyprogesterone) ...Took within 5 days of my period.If i was ovulating could i be pregnant?

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Not likely

Depo-provera is one of the most effective forms of birth control, as long as you get the shot every 3 months as directed.
Irregular or absent periods are an expected side effect. Failure rates are 1-3%. Anytime you suspect that you may be pregnant the best thing to do is to take home pregnancy test. They are cheap, reliable and available at any pharmacy. In minutes you will have your answer.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham