I had a tummy tuck and boob job two months ago. For the past two weeks I have been very nausous and throwing up. Is this from the surgery?

Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Maybe
I think this is too long to be due to the anesthetic.
If you have been taking narcotics (e.g. Vicodin) for pain, some people become nauseated and vomit from these drugs. In any event, two weeks of nausea and vomiting is not pleasant and could be dangerous--call your surgeon.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Combination
This is likely a result of a combination of pain medications and antibiotics.
Your body should have recovered from the general anesthetic by now.

In brief: Combination
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Very unusual
This is not typical and you should be evaluated for an explanation for these unusual problems.

In brief: Very unusual
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Rex Moulton-Barrett
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Medication likely
The most common cause of nausea and vomiting after surgery is medication, specifically opiates like vicodan.
This is usally from the direct effect on the brain of the drug. The key is to drink lots of liquids and take the medication during meals and not on an empoty stomach. If you are no longer taking these medications then the cause is more complicated.

In brief: Medication likely
Dr. Rex Moulton-Barrett
Dr. Rex Moulton-Barrett
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
In brief: No
I do not think so since your surgery been two months already.
You need to see a doctor to evaluate the above symptom.

In brief: No
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Could be...
It could also be from your use of pain medication.
Have your surgeon take a look at you. There are many reasons for nausea and vomiting.

In brief: Could be...
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. Steven Harris
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Probably not
Two months is a long time from the surgery, so it would be unusual ( but not impossible!) for this to be related.
Talk to your plastic surgeon, and, if he feels all is well, to your medical doctor. Good luck!

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Steven Harris
Dr. Steven Harris
Dr. Ram Kalus
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Doubtful.
If you fully recovered and did well, and the nausea developed only recently, it is unlikely to be related.
I would recommend an evaluation by both your plastic surgeon and your internist or family physician, but the latter would probably be more appropriate at this point in time.

In brief: Doubtful.
Dr. Ram Kalus
Dr. Ram Kalus
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Maybe
Toni, please see your surgeon.
It may be from the operation, it may be the pain medications, or something else. It shouldn't be going on for two weeks. I'm up the road in visalia if you have any questions.

In brief: Maybe
Toni, please see your surgeon.
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Alex Lechtman
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Get evaluated
If you are still taking pain meds, it is possible that that the nausea is caused by the medications.
However, you should tell your primary care doctor about these symptoms . If you have any other symptoms such as a fever, it needs to be addressed asap.

In brief: Get evaluated
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
In brief: Not normal
You need to be evaluated by your doctor. To make sure there are no serious problems.

In brief: Not normal
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. Adam Levy