I put my bc bill in a pill box and probably take them out of order. I use zovia 1/35. Is there a reason the active pills should be taken in order?

Dr. Renee Harris
In brief: No
As long as you take the 21 active pills for 21 days then either skip 7 or take the inactive pills the other seven, you are fine.
The active pill medication in that type of birth control pill is the same in every active pill.

In brief: No
Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Renee Harris
In brief: For that pill, no
The pill you mention is what's called monophasic: all the active pills are identical, so the order you take them in doesn't matter. Some brands of pills (ortho tri-cyclen, for example) are tri-phasic; the active pills come on 3 different strengths, 1 for each week of active pills.
For those, you do need to keep the pills in their respective weeks.

In brief: For that pill, no
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Adam Levy