I have slight grind in my jaw since last week now my back teeth don't feel like mine, upper cheek bone pain at times - and jaw only opens about an inch?

Dr. Larry Gottlieb
Dentistry

In brief: Time

If this came on suddenly it could be a muscle spasm.
It also could be a problem in the tm joint. The joint that controls your lower jaw. See your dentist for an exam. Often these problems resolve in time on their own. Ibuprofen can be helpful for the pain and inflammation.

In brief: Time

Dr. Larry Gottlieb
Dr. Larry Gottlieb
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: TMJ disorder

The muscles and ligaments that cause your jaw to move are not working smoothly.
If you chew gum have stop. Eat softer foods next 2-3 weeks. Apply moist heat to the joint area. Stress plays a big role in triggering TMJ problems. Find activities to help reduce your stress level. See your dentist for more detailed non-surgical help.

In brief: TMJ disorder

Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Vikram Patel