Im 4 days late and finally got my period today and it has some chunky blood and heavy. I was having most symptoms of pregnancy. What could this be?

Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Depends on test

As i'm sure you've considered - a miscarriage is possible.
You should see your ob-gyn if possible - call them now if you have one. Otherwise, you could try a pregnancy test. Go to an ed if the test is positive (unless you can see your OB now). If it's negative, it's still possible you did miscarry. An ectopic pregnancy can cause severe complications and would need intervention.

In brief: Depends on test

Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Zuheir Said

In brief: Misscarriege/s.abort

Fertile women, : first step is to rule out pregnancy and its related complications such as misscarrige, spontaneous abortion, etc do pregnancy test.

In brief: Misscarriege/s.abort

Dr. Zuheir Said
Dr. Zuheir Said
Dr. Jane Van Dis