I have suicidal thoughts and I have had them for a while. Im hyper and happy one minute then out if nowhere i get really sad what's wrong with me?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Get help NOW

Consulting with a psychiatrist is the best way to get an answer to your question.
From your description, you may have a mood disorder that needs evaluation and treatment. There are good talk therapies and medications when needed -- but you first need to see a doctor for help. If suicidal now, go to an er or call the national suicide prevention lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

In brief: Get help NOW

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: I can not diagnose

You on line. But i encourage you to get prompt psychiatric evaluation to determine if you have a mood disorder. If you are having thoughts about killing yourself, get seen at the nearest emergency room now.
Have a friend or relative drive you or call 911 for emergency services for transport. When a person is depressed they often feel despair ; come to believe that things can't get better. But the.

In brief: I can not diagnose

there is hope. Allow others to provide you w support & to help you see the other options you have.You can call the National suicide hotlines 24/7 at 1-800-suicide (1-800-784-2433) or 1-800-273 – talk (1-800-273-8255) for support.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine