Can good hygiene prevent the possibility of bacterial infection and sepsis?

Risk reduction. You reduce your risk of infection, and thus for complications for infection, by practicing good hand hygiene, getting vaccinated, eating well, and avoiding excess alcohol and smoking anything at all. It is never possible to prevent (absolutely) the possibility of severe infection.
Sepsis. Maintaining good hygiene will certainly help prevent infection and sepsis - but it is not the only factor for developing sepsis.