I keep hearing a ringing sound. What should I do?

Dr. Ted Saha
Palliative Care

In brief: TINNITUS

Tinnitus is often associated with conductive (from obstruction of ear canal) or sensorineural ( damage to nerve) hearing loss .
May be first sign of a serious condition schwannoma ( inner ear tumor ).It may occur with ear infection also. Causes are many. If prob continues consult an ENT doctor. Prob may be very simple or complex. Good history, exam, hearing test and MRI may be necessary

In brief: TINNITUS

Dr. Ted Saha
Dr. Ted Saha
Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Tinnitus

Have an ear exam to check for wax build up or any other ear pathology.
Tinnitus, however, is often of unknown cause and is a very prevalent disorder which can arise in a nerve or in the brain. Your md will advise you on how much testing is indicated in your case. There is no specific cure in most cases of tinnitus.

In brief: Tinnitus

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Keegan Duchicela