What is cognitive behavioural therapy?

Rx for depression.... ..And anxiety. Very broadly speaking, it is group of psychotherapies that does not care whether or not, or how a person's psychological problems are related to their unconscious conflicts. Instead, this group of treatments tries to interrupt the sequence of conscious thoughts, feelings and behaviors to alleviate mental symptoms. Particularly effective for depressive and anxiety disorders.
CBT. In contrast to other forms of psychotherapy, cognitive therapy is usually more focused on the present, more time-limited, and more problem-solving oriented. In addition, patients learn specific skills that they can use for the rest of their lives. These skills involve identifying distorted thinking, modifying beliefs, relating to others in different ways, and changing behaviors.