I have been waking up to dryness and what feels like some swelling in the back of my throat and there is either a white or yellow spot what is it?

Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In brief: Tonsillar cheese
Waking up with dry mouth or throat is very common and is mainly due to mouth breathing at least part of night instead of daytime nasal breathing.
Brush every am and pm, use a mouthwash to swish and gargle (dilute w water), and drink 6-8 glasses non-alcohol beverage daily. The white or yellow spot is likely food and bacteria debris that builds up in tongue or tonsillar crypts. Brush tongue daily.

In brief: Tonsillar cheese
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
Dr. Peter Kurzweil
In thinking further about the question, I spoke of bacterial and food debris getting into crypts of glands. However, any persistent white plaque in the mouth (leukoplakia) must be evaluated, firstly perhaps a generalist, but if any question at all, an ENT doc, a dentist, or an oral surgeon. It could be serious, particularly if you are a smoker or drinker, and much more so if both.
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: Spot on the throat
I really can not tell you what it can be.
Untill till we look in your throat.It may be a trep throat or a viral phrangitis.So if it persists see your doctor.

In brief: Spot on the throat
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Vicken Poochikian