Is it harmful to take pregnant control pills if I have fibromyalgia .Also, I am taking antidepressant to control my fibro such as lyrica (pregabalin) and effexor?

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management

In brief: No

You can safely take birth control pills if you have fibromyalgia.

In brief: No

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Ron Eaker

In brief: Usually not

Most birth control pills don't have any effect on fibromyalgia; however, so little is actually known about the nature and progression of this disease and how it manifests in individuals, there is always the possibility of an adverse reaction.
It is unlikely . Taking the anti depressant medicines won't be affected by the pill.

In brief: Usually not

Dr. Ron Eaker
Dr. Ron Eaker
Dr. Eric Weisman