Everytime i take a deep breath i get a sharp pain on my left, i'm not sure if it's the rib or the lung, the deeper the breath the worse. I have a cold?

Dr. Steven Neish
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Coughing?

The most common cause of your symptoms is that you have strained something in your chest wall, typically while coughing (i am assuming that you are coughing with your cold.
) every time you move your chest (take a breath), its going to hurt. However, you could have a bacterial infection causing pneumonia or pleural inflammation. Signs of this would be fever or difficulty breathing.

In brief: Coughing?

Dr. Steven Neish
Dr. Steven Neish
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology