I had knee plica surgery and diagnosed with grade 3 arthritis. I injured it riding horses when I was younger can this cause arthritis? I'm 21

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: I am sorry, it could

This what we call traumatic arthritis it will take time to advance and be more symptomatic.
Take care of your knee no more fall. Thank you.

In brief: I am sorry, it could

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Not unless you fall!

A plica is a loose fold in the synovial tissue and capsule that can be repetively pinched by the joint motion, causing severe pain.
Plica usually arise from having fluid on the knee, secondary to inflammation, or trauma. Did you injure your knee in a fall? Have you known of an episode when your knee felt full and tight? Simply riding horses does not cause this, unlless you fall!

In brief: Not unless you fall!

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine