Please tell me about using tobradex (tobramycin and dexamethasone) while pregnant?

Dr. Ajay Gupta
Ophthalmology

In brief: Weigh risk/ benefit

Tobradex (tobramycin and dexamethasone) is pregnancy category c, meaning the effect on the baby is unclear, not known to be harmful but not regarded as generally safe in pregnancy.
The absorption of tobradex (tobramycin and dexamethasone) into the circulation ; subsequent transfer to ; effect on the baby is likely low. But I use extreme caution when prescribing any medication in pregnancy and strongly consider risks, benefits, and alternatives.

In brief: Weigh risk/ benefit

Dr. Ajay Gupta
Dr. Ajay Gupta
Dr. Adam Levy