Can you tell me if other kinds of hydrocodone that aren't called "vikodin" have the same effects as vikodin?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

Brand names don't make a difference, hydrocodone is hydrocodone.
Whether it is vicodin, lortabs, Norco or any of a million other brands, all that matters is how much hydrocodone (anywhere between 5-10 mg usually), and how much tylenol (acetaminophen) (the fda now requires no more than 325 mg per pill). There may be a new higher dose continuous action hydrocodone on the market soon, much to my dismay, with 30 mg.

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Vikram Patel