Herniated C5 and C6 with spinal cord compression that is severe, what to do?

Spinal cord compress. If the compression is "severe" and you are symptomatic then you need to seriously consider getting the disc that has herniated removed surgically. A consultation with a neurosurgeon would be very helpful here.
Surgery. Based on your description, you need to see a spine specialist and seriously consider surgery. Typically, it would be an anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. Check out spine-health.Com.