How can you disinfect a stab wound?

Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery

In brief: Stab wounds

Care of stab wounds depends on location, depth, contamination.
If you are an outpatient with a low risk wound, okay to wash with mild soap and water, pat dry and cover with clean gauze. However, best to get checked, minor er or your regular doc to start. Be well.

In brief: Stab wounds

Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Robert Dorsey
Wound care

In brief: Local exploration

Of the wound, washing irrigating the area with betadine, removing any necrotic tissue, removal of any foreign body.
I place a wick of restore silver or acticoat into the dead space and close the sq fat with interrupted sutures then close the skin with nylon sutures. A piece of the silver dressing is placed over the incision and secondary dressing is applied. Must check your tetanus status.

In brief: Local exploration

Dr. Robert Dorsey
Dr. Robert Dorsey
Dr. Steven Seres