What's the difference between bipolar II disorder and teen moodiness?

See your doctor. Mood changes in bipolar disorder tend to occur without cause or are a exaggerated response to an event. The individual tends to expresses frustration with them selves, often saying "i don't know why I react this way. Moodiness in teens tends to be persistent and is related to events. Moodiness can also be depression. The best thing to do is to consult with your physician.
It's episodic. Bipolar disorder is an episodic illness. It comes and goes often without cause. If your teen is always moody when told no, or is moody every day, it is less likely to be bipolar disorder. If, however, they go months without issue but then are agitated, moody, and a different person for a period of time, that is of more concern for bipolar disorder.