What meds are good for bipolar I disorder?

Dr. Robert Greer

In brief: Many

This is a very complex disorder that is treated with a very broad array of meds.
I am "old school" and often use lithium as the basis and add atypical's like seroquel (quetiapine). You really need to have a dr following closely to manage this difficult illness.I hope you are getting treatment.

In brief: Many

Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. Robert Greer
Dr. John Moranville

In brief: Mood stabilizer

Lithium, depakote, trileptal, and tegretol are classic mood stabilizers.
Atypical antipsychotics seroquel and Abilify (aripiprazole) may also be used. Antidepressants are commonly used, but only with a mood stabilizer on board. Many other options. Every medication has side effects and you should work closely with a psychiatrist who knows you well. Most important thing is acceptance and understanding of disorder.

In brief: Mood stabilizer

Dr. John Moranville
Dr. John Moranville