What meds are good for bipolar I disorder?

Many. This is a very complex disorder that is treated with a very broad array of meds.I am "old school" and often use lithium as the basis and add atypical's like seroquel (quetiapine). You really need to have a dr following closely to manage this difficult illness.I hope you are getting treatment.
Mood stabilizer. Lithium, depakote, trileptal, and tegretol are classic mood stabilizers. Atypical antipsychotics seroquel and Abilify (aripiprazole) may also be used. Antidepressants are commonly used, but only with a mood stabilizer on board. Many other options. Every medication has side effects and you should work closely with a psychiatrist who knows you well. Most important thing is acceptance and understanding of disorder.