What is the cost of multifocal lens in a cataract surgery that is covered by insurance?

Mostly not. Most insurances will cover the cost of the basic intraocular lens for replacement of focusing. Multifocals are, from their standpoint, an expensive add on. And they will not cover the added cost. If you want these, you will have to pay the extra $600-$1000 for the fancy lens.
Unfortunately Not. Insurance companies only cover what is deemed medically necessary. Multifocal lenses as well as other premium lenses are considered an upgrade to the "medically necessary" basic monofocal lens. The patient is responsible for the added cost of the multifocal implant.
Multifocal lenses. Multifocal lenses are not covered by insurance and are an additional charge (typically $1800-2000 per eye).
No. Standard lenses that provide only distance vision without the need for glasses are covered, since they are considered 'medically necessary'. Upgraded lenses such as the multifocal or crystalens are cosmetic add-ons and not covered. They are costly but very effective in decreasing dependance on glasses. More info http://www.2020vision.Com/advancedtech.Html.
Insurance coverage. To date, major insurance carriers (aside from a flexible spending account) do not cover multifocal (MIOL) or any premium intraocular lenses for cataract surgery. They only cover monofocal (corrects usually only distance VA or reading or intermediate: not all 3 like MIOLs can in general).