Please help? Is the same machine used for dental scaling/root planing and dental debridement?

Probably. The most commonly used instrument for that procedure is a sonic scaler; a vibrating tip that sprays water.
Would think so. There are many varieties of ultrasonic and electrical scalers out there. It may just be a definition difference.