Does Zoloft (sertraline) give a bad taste?

Dry Mouth Is Cause. Zoloft (sertraline) and most all antidepressants can cause dry mouth as a side effect. Without proper oral hygiene, one may experience a bad taste. Zoloft (sertraline) can inhibit the production of saliva, thus the dry mouth. The natural tendency to drink water can dry the mouth out further. Suck on a sugar-free hard candy or chew sugar-free gum to stimulate mucous production. Use a special otc mouthwash for dry mouth.
No. It does give many a dry throat so you have to drink more fluids.
Rare side effect. It is a rare side effect of zoloft/sertraline, where the taste changes can include a metallic taste in the mouth. This is a rare occurrence with ssris in general.