How do I treat atopic eczema around the mouth?

Moisturize... If it is due to a persistent "lip-licker" and the diagnosis is certain, then frequent (every 1-2 hours while awake) applications of vaseline should help to restore the epidermal layer that has been damaged by the continuous wet-dry-wet-dry cycles. If the child is older and absorption is not a concern, then a very low potency steroid may also help. Also, zinc supplements may be beneficial.
Atopic dermatitis. Best treatment for atopic dermatitis around the mouth would be a low potency steroid cream such as desonide or nonsteroidal cream such as elidel (pimecrolimus).