Can sensodyne toothpaste really work?

Try it ; see. I personally use it ; it works.
Recommend it to my patients all the time.

Dr. Bruce Apfelbaum
Dr. Bruce Apfelbaum
2 comments
Dr. Franklin Allen
Often sensodyne is used unsuccesfully to treat hurting teeth that have real problems that need treatment. Sensodyne helps sensitivity in healthy teeth, not tteth that have damage or cavities
Dr. George Ayoub
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Most of the time

Sensodyne works best when gum receded and cementum exposed.

In brief: Most of the time

Dr. George Ayoub
Dr. George Ayoub
Dr. Robert Devin
Dentistry

In brief: Sensodyne work?

Yes, absolutely. But if you have a persistently temperature sensitive tooth, try this.
Just after brushing your teeth before bedtime take a little, just alittle sensodyne paste onto a swab, paint that sensitive tooth area at the gum line. Spit out too much paste if you have done so. At night you mouth makes very little saliva. So that concentrated paste is absorbed into the tooth fortifying it.

In brief: Sensodyne work?

Dr. Robert Devin
Dr. Robert Devin
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

Sensodyne can be effective in reducing sensitivity in teeth due to gum recession.
It will not help decayed or broken teeth. If your try sensodyne and it does not help you after 2 weeks then you should see a dentist and find out what exactly is going on.

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Depends

For sensitivity in teeth with gum recession, works well.
For teeth with untreated decay, wrong approach. Have to treat the decay for resolution of symptoms.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine