Can vicodin reduce pain while getting a tattoo?

Pathology

In brief: Don't do it

Vicodin is a controlled substance and you'd be self-administering without a physician's permission, which is still illegal and probably rightly so.
If you do this sort of thing casually, you're inviting addiction to creep up on yourself. Your artist may have a topical anesthetic gel, or you can embrace the total experience, including the pain.

In brief: Don't do it

I'm a tattoo buff myself and have two of my own. They are so personally meaningful to me that I would not trade the pain I experienced for any physical pleasure that I can imagine.