I need to know what is uveitis and how long does it take to recover from it?

Uveitis. Uveitis is a general term describing inflammation of the part of the eye called the uveal tract. This consists of the iris, ciliary body and choroid - although uveitis can additionally involve other parts of the eye. It can be caused by diseases or problems of the eye alone, or can be a part of conditions affecting other parts of the body. Http://patient. Info/health/uveitis-leaflet.
Inside eye inflamed. Uveitis is a sterile inflammation of the internal parts of the eye. It causes pain, redness and light sensitivity and can lead to serious consequences if untreated. It is sometimes related to systemic GI and rheumatic illness as part of hyperimmunity in these conditions. But most are isolated, without any systemic components. It usually responds well to medication from your ophthalmologist.