What is ankle foot orthosis?

A custom brace. A standard ankle foot orthoses (afo) is a custom-moulded brace made from a mould of your foot and ankle fabricated with a light weight durable plastic material designed to support your foot and ankle.
AFO. An ankle foot orthosis (afo) is a brace that encompasses the foot and ankle. It may have a hinge at the ankle or be fixed. It is used for a variety of purposes such as severe deformity, arthritis and instability. These brace can be prefabricated or custom made depending on the condition.
AFO. This is a device that simultaneous supports the foot, ankle and lower leg.
Custom. It a custom made device to help control abnormal foot and ankle motion to alleviate pain you may be experiencing.
Supporting device. A foot and ankle orthosis is a support that goes around the foot or the ankle and helps restrict motion or give support or hold or correct alignment in the lower leg. It can fit into a foot wear or can be fitted to a customized foot wear or be a walking device in itself.
Used to stablize bot. If you have instability in the ankle one can use an afo(ankle foot orthosis) to decrease stress on the area , decrease pain and stabilize the area.Some look like ice skates without the skate.