How many different sclerotherapy treatments are needed to heal spider veins?

Dr. Joel Gotvald
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Depends

Difficult question to answer without examining your legs.
I would advise that you meet with a vein specialist to examine your legs to determine that. Some people may only need 1 session while others with extensive veins may needle multiple session done on each leg. The larger the veins (all spider veins not created equal), the darker, & the more numerous the veins are the more therapy is needed.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Joel Gotvald
Dr. Joel Gotvald
Dr. Michael Schwartz
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Varies

In most cases just one. Sometimes it may take a second treatment.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Michael Schwartz
Dr. Michael Schwartz
Dr. Joel Gotvald
It is very common for spider veins to require more than one 1 treatment to have them all disappear, especially when the spider veins are extensive or involving multiple locations on both legs. The darker the veins are, the larger the spider vein are (all not created equal), & the more numerous the more likely that more than 1 session is needed. I have had hundreds of patients that needed >2 .
Dr. Albert Malvehy
Phlebology

In brief: Depends

I've had patients who only need one treatment and some who have needed ten.
Go to a vein specialist. Don't go for a groupon or you'll get what you pay for. Miamibeachvein.Com or phlebology.Org to learn more.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Albert Malvehy
Dr. Albert Malvehy
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology

In brief: Multiple treatments

Spider veins are treated by sclerotherapy and you must remember that sclerotherapy is a process.
In my practice most patients require about 3 cycles of treatments with one treatment given every 6 weeks. Some may require more and some less. If patients have many spider veins then i recommend a venous reflux exam before starting sclera to look for malfunctioning valves. See a vein specialist.

In brief: Multiple treatments

Dr. John Landi
Dr. John Landi
Dr. Umesh Patel