Im allergic to my anti epilepsy drugs. What are my other options?

Dr. Andrew Reeves
Neurology

In brief: Many options

It's unlikely you're allergic to all twenty or so meds for epilepsy.
There are many medication options these days. No "herbal remedy" has been shown to be particularly effective (and in a recent study, less than half of supplements even had the listed ingredient inside!) Other possibilities include VNS.

In brief: Many options

Dr. Andrew Reeves
Dr. Andrew Reeves
Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Neurology

In brief: Several

There are over 20 different anti seizure drugs, so it is possible that others may be tried.
However, if your seizures are not controlled, it important to find out whether you have the type of seizures that could be cured by surgery, or helped by use of a neurostimulator.

In brief: Several

Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Dr. Eric Weisman