Can anyone tell me is tranexamic acid effective in reducing bleeding after dental extraction on a healthy patient?

Dr. Thomas Yash
Dentistry

In brief: Tannic Acid

I am not familiar with tranexamic acid.
However, tannic acid has been know to help the clotting following extractions or lacerations. It is why we will use a wet tea bag to place pressure on a extraction site. Teas are a source of tannic acid. Plus the pressure helps to stem the flow and allow the clot to form protecting the bone.

In brief: Tannic Acid

I am not familiar with tranexamic acid.
Dr. Thomas Yash
Dr. Thomas Yash
Dr. William Jakavick
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Tranexamic acid

Is a derivative of the Amino Acid lysine.
Tranexamic acid is frequently used in surgeries with high risk of blood loss such as cardiac, liver, vascular and large orthopedic procedures. Its oral form is now being evaluated for use in outpatient conditions involving heavy bleeding. In most cases it should not be necessary after dental extraction in a healthy patient.

In brief: Tranexamic acid

Dr. William Jakavick
Dr. William Jakavick
Dr. Jane Van Dis