Can you tell me about orthognathic surgery, i.E.Surgery to move the position of your jaws?

Dr. James Sunwoo
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Orthognathic Surgery

Orthognathic surgery is a procedure that realigns your upper and lower jaws into an ideal configuration.
It is performed by an oral and maxillofacial surgeon in a hospital setting. Braces are usually part of the treatment, and will act to place the teeth in their ideal positions in preparation for the orthognathic surgery. Please consult with your local oral and maxillofacial surgeon.

In brief: Orthognathic Surgery

Dr. James Sunwoo
Dr. James Sunwoo
Dr. Peter Karsant
Dentistry

In brief: Surgery

I assume that the newer orthodontic techniques have been ruled out by your orthodontist so costs vary from 50-100k including the hospital stay.
Kaiser has some plans that will cover this and pay for the surgery even if it is not a kaiser hospital; do some research as I am unfamiliar with texas in relation to kaiser.

In brief: Surgery

Dr. Peter Karsant
Dr. Peter Karsant