Could someone please tell me about aids dementia?

Check out. The fact sheet at www. Ninds. Nih. Gov.
Varied Presentation. Aids/hiv dementia has a broad and varied spectrum of clinical manifestations and severity. It is characterized by cognitive, motor, and behavioral features, usually those with advanced aids. With the advent of highly active antiretroviral therapy, it is less common, although milder cognitive complaints are common.
Clarification needed. Aids is someone who have advanced diseases of HIV positive individuals with worsening of symptoms, including dementia. Any change of personality, memory loss or/and loss of functional activity such as bathing, dressing result hiv-related dementia. The new onset of dementia varies by age and the severity of HIV related symptoms. To my knowledge there is no term for aids dementia.
Virus induced. Referred to as aids dementia complex (also encephalopathy, neurocongnitive disorder). It is thought to be caused my activation and inflammation of the macrophage-monocyte system as well as microglia. Neurotoxins are secreted and cause widespread damage. Damaging speech changes occur along with degeneration motor neurons and most importantly cognitive impairment ensues.