I punched someone but now my hand is bruised and the area where it looks like a cutbit but i can't have anything touch it or it really hurts. Is it a sprain?

Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: See ORS

Did u punch someone in the mouth? If so come in and see your pcp for evaluation.
If u have a small laceration or cut an infection can develop. Infections from human bite wounds can be very serious and need evaluation early.Also xrays are needed to rule out a fracture.Good luck.

In brief: See ORS

Dr. David Trettin
Dr. David Trettin

In brief: Can be broken...

A lot of amateur fighters break their metacarpal bones if the punch is not thrown properly, that's one of the reasons they train with experienced personnel.
You could get a hand x-ray to find out.

In brief: Can be broken...

You could get a hand x-ray to find out.
Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. David Hettinger
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine