Can anyone tell me is TMJ a cosmetic procedure?

Dr. Louis Gallia
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Not cosmetic

Not a cosmetic procedure.

In brief: Not cosmetic

Not a cosmetic procedure.
Dr. Louis Gallia
Dr. Louis Gallia

In brief: No!

Tmj treatment is either a routine dental treatment(by a dentist) or a medical treatment if identified by a medical doctor as cause of headaches, or oral-facial pain or other orthopedic head and neck problems.

In brief: No!

Dr. Fernando Juliao
Dr. Fernando Juliao
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: No

Tmd\tmj refers to a problem associated with the jaw joints and associated muscles.
It has nothing to do with cosmetic dentistry. I would guess this question related to whether or not you are covered by dental or medical insurance? If that's the case, while it is not a cosmetic procedure, you may or may not be covered and have to speak to your insurance company or have your doctor inquire for you.

In brief: No

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Arnon Rubin