I'm Rh negative ..Whats that mean and should I be worried?

Dr. Diane Minich

In brief: Stop worrying

about 15% of people are rh negative.
Being a female if you are pregnant you will get a shot of Rhogam at 28 weeks and after delivery if the baby is rh positive to prevent problems with a future pregnancy. I am rh negative and got both shots each pregnancy since both of my kids were rh positive,

In brief: Stop worrying

about 15% of people are rh negative.
Dr. Diane Minich
Dr. Diane Minich
Pathology

In brief: Stop worrying

You and about 15% of other folks lack the D antigen on your red cells.
If your unborn child gets D from Dad, it can cause troubles for the next pregnancy if your physician isn't alert. Hopefully that won't be a probelm. Relax.

In brief: Stop worrying

Dr. Rhonda Simons
Just make sure they warm it up a little before they give it....it feels like a painful sore blob if really cold. I also preferred arm over buttocks!