2 doctors weighed in:

Can a swalloed magnet do harm?

2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Barry Bergman
Pediatrics

In brief: Swallow magnet

Magnets should be inert and should not cause a problem unless they are very large.
So size would be the big issue and an xray can help locate where it is and follow it until it is excreted in the stool. May want to see your doctor.

In brief: Swallow magnet

Magnets should be inert and should not cause a problem unless they are very large.
So size would be the big issue and an xray can help locate where it is and follow it until it is excreted in the stool. May want to see your doctor.
Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. Barry Bergman
Thank
1 comment
Dr. Donald Alves
Also if more than ONE, can become their own problem as are attracted to one another within bowel. Can create blockage or erode through walls of intestine and create surgical emergency. Get checked out.
Read more answers from doctors