How can I help my sciatic nerve pain?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Core strengthening

Exercises that strengthen the core can be helpful in maintaining integrity and reduce stress on the spine.
Typically disc herniations will resolve on their own as soon as 3-6 weeks or as late as 6-9 months. Just depends on how you take care of yourself, exercise, anti-inflammatories, tylenol (acetaminophen) and if you need to lose weight that will help immensely. You may still need an epidural steroid injection

In brief: Core strengthening

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Justin Lo
Pain Management

In brief: True sciatica?

True sciatic nerve pain typically results from compression or irritation from the piriformis muscle in the buttocks.
Treatment can include physical therapy, massage, piriformis injections, heat, acupuncture, and in rare instances, surgery to decompress the sciatic nerve. Often times when patients complain of sciatica, the cause is actually a pinched nerve in the spine known as radiculopathy.

In brief: True sciatica?

Dr. Justin Lo
Dr. Justin Lo