Is it possible to do well in psychological testing and still have add?

Dr. Chris Esguerra

In brief: Likely no

Within a full battery of psychological tests, the likelihood of missing the diagnosis of add even if it was there (false negative) is very low.
Usually there is a clinical interview that occurs alongside the psychological testing to correlate symptoms with the testing results. Speak openly with your evaluator if you have questions about the results during the appointment to discuss the results.

In brief: Likely no

Dr. Chris Esguerra
Dr. Chris Esguerra
Dr. Toner Overley
I have sent people with ADD to an expert neuropsychologist and did not get the diagnosis. I usually attribute this to the high level of motivation that translates into much better motivation than occurs naturally. I agree with Dr Esguerra that clinical correlation is necessary when the test does not identify ADD
Dr. BUSHRA AZIZ

Because add has two components, in attentiveness and hyperactive ness.
Patient who has hyperactive component does well in structure setting.

Dr. BUSHRA AZIZ
Dr. BUSHRA AZIZ
Dr. Cindy Juster