I have extreme pain normal after surguery, what to do?

Dr. Vikram Patel
Pain Management

In brief: Surgical pain

I would advise you to be more specific so that doctors can help you better. Any surgery can cause pain.
Pain is normal but should be treated effectively. Increased pain may be a cause for concern and you should consult your surgeon right away. Most surgical pain is felt during the hours immediately after surgery and should gradually decrease. Good luck and hope you feel better.

In brief: Surgical pain

Dr. Vikram Patel
Dr. Vikram Patel
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Call your surgeon

Any surgical procedure is not completely risk-free.
Pain, swelling and infection following surgery is usually at its worst 24 – 48 hours after surgery. After that it should subside more and more every day and after 7 days stop. Alternate Vicodin with NSAIDs OTC (e.g. Advil) to manage the inflammation. If concerned call your surgeon for acute pain management. Be well soon!

In brief: Call your surgeon

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Vikram Patel