I am scheduled for 2 root canals on the 14th. I'm a little scared! what should I expect?

Dr. Joel Doyon
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Normal to be scared

It's not unusual to be apprehensive about have a root canal.
After all, look at what the media, tv shows, and movies show about root canals. Modern day root canals are 99% pain free. Profound anesthesia reduces pain. The dentist will place a barrier device (rubber dam) around the tooth, isolating it from the mouth and then the nerve and dead cells will be removed from the tooth.

In brief: Normal to be scared

Dr. Joel Doyon
Dr. Joel Doyon
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: RCT

Your dentist will numb you up with a local anesthetic so that you don't feel anything.
He\she will isolate the tooth and start to clean out the tissues in the the canals. Then medication will be placed and a temporary filling to seal off the opening into the teeth. You will be given instructions. One or more visits will be required to complete treatment. I suggest you call the dentist if any ?'s.

In brief: RCT

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Andrea Brand