Yes. The fluid can press on the lung preventing it from fully expanding.
Yes. The pleural fluid will exert push against the lung tissue at all phases of respiration but more noticeably it is a pressure against which the lung has to work during inflation. If the amount is high it can push one lung again the other side. And even against the heart.
It can. Pleural effusion I fluid collection in the space around the lungs. There are many causes. The fluid can compress the lung making it difficult to breathe. It may need to be drained.
Yes. Effusion appears due to infection, but also when you not taking deep breaths. So, even if infection one on one side, it's hard to take breath all together. You need to do some Yoga Breathing. May cause some coughing, but may help to open up those lungs.
Should I worry about small atelectasis and small pleural effusion in my lungs 6 weeks after pneumonia? I'm worried
Probably normal. These changes are typical after pneumonia, but should resolve within 6-12 weeks. Ask whomever was treating you for the pneumonia about the need for a follow up chest X-ray in a couple months. Hope this helps!
Pleural fluid. Well from your last contact looks like the pleural fluid was secondary to tb, but lot of times we cannot proved. It takes atleast 4weeks for fluid to decrease after starting treatment.
Depends. What cause? How long in time? Fever, symptoms infection?
Absolutely. Two reasons to drain it are for diagnosis, are there cancer cells in the effusion, this is bad. Bumps you up to stage 4. Two, therapeutically it will be easier to breathe if the effusion is removed.
Yes. The fluid should be drained to alleviate shortness of breath. A pleurodesis can be performed to prevent the fluid from coming back. This can be done using minimally invasive surgery or thoracoscopy.
Only if symptomatic. High likelihood for recurrence so only if severe short of breath.
Pleural effusion cp angle x ray left lung hosp taking long time in tests n dates for pleural aspiration em fed up will delay make disease more severe?
Yes and No. Delay up to one week acceptable. Any longer get a second opinion and another MD.