I'm starting to think I have vaginal prolapse. How can I reverse this?

Dr. Mary Denman
Gynecology

In brief: Kegel Exercises

You can decrease this sensation by doing 30-50 pelvic squeezes or "kegels" per day to increase your pelvic muscle tone.

In brief: Kegel Exercises

Dr. Mary Denman
Dr. Mary Denman
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Gynecology

In brief: Avoid straining

Avoid heavy lifting, straining and constipation.
Make sure to have a diet high in fiber along with adequate fluid intake. A true prolapse is from weakened or torn ligaments. Prevention is the key. Once the damage occurs, the point is to prevent it from worsening.

In brief: Avoid straining

Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Dr. Betsy Greenleaf
Dr. Robert Harris
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology

In brief: Pelvic muscles

Although prolapse might not be reduced by increasing vaginal/pelvic muscle strength, you may be able to limit its progression.
The most important time to "squeeze" is before you cough or sneeze as the force will be distributed across the muscles and not directly to your weak spots where things are prolapsing.

In brief: Pelvic muscles

Dr. Robert Harris
Dr. Robert Harris
Dr. Jane Van Dis