I can feel the beginnings of a hordeolum on my lower left eyelid. Is there any OTC medication for treating it?

Dr. Barbara Devane
Ophthalmology

In brief: Warm soaks

Hot compresses for 5-10 minutes, 3times a day will help treat.
There are otc lid scrubs that will help clear the lashes of excess oils and lid debris that can block the oil glands. Antibiotics eye drops are not available without a prescription so an exam by an ophthalmologist is needed.

In brief: Warm soaks

Dr. Barbara Devane
Dr. Barbara Devane
Dr. Holly Maes
You don't always need to see an ophthalmologist - most primary care physicians can handle treatment of these........
Dr. Malina Milan

In brief: No medication

Usually we recommend applying a warm compress to the lid a few times a day, many times this will help resolve the problem.

In brief: No medication

Dr. Malina Milan
Dr. Malina Milan
Dr. Arnon Rubin