Can you tell me what it's like to have silicone implants after a mastectomy?

Dr. Ralph Rosato
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Silicone implants

I cannot tell you how it feels to have silicone implants, a patient would be the best person to answer that question.
Breast implants used in reconstruction are either filled with saline solution or silicone gel. The gel implants "feel" more natural to the touch. A review of the benefits of each implant with your plastic surgeon should help you make a decision.

In brief: Silicone implants

Dr. Ralph Rosato
Dr. Ralph Rosato
Dr. Gary Tuma
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Breast reconstruction

Silicone implants are FDA approved for breast reconstruction.
They are the most tissue like of the implant based reconstructions. Implant reconstruction is the most common form of reconstruction performed in the US.

In brief: Breast reconstruction

Dr. Gary Tuma
Dr. Gary Tuma
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery