Would my teeth move after not wearing my retainer for a week?

Dr. Stuart Hoffman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: YES

Teeth will in fact move w/o wearing your retainer.
How much they move is not predicable. Each person will have different degrees of tooth movement. However, when you put your retainer back into your mouth, you will notice how tight it is. That is how much your teeth have moved. If you can't get the retainer back in, they have moved alot.

In brief: YES

Dr. Stuart Hoffman
Dr. Stuart Hoffman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

Teeth move all the time, with or without retainers.
Retainers minimize movement. Not wearing them encourages destabilization. After all the time, effort, and money to create a great smile, it would be a shame to test the system to find out just how much damage can be done in a short time.

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Marsha Davis