Metallic taste in mouth toda; what is it?

Pathology
In brief: More history
Usually "dysgeusia" with an odd metallic taste is from taking medications (even calcium carbonate) or "just happens" & is never explained.
I trust you are otherwise well & do not have occupational exposure to lead, mercury, or cadmium. Try running floss across your tongue, and using plastic utensils.

In brief: More history
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dentistry
In brief: Several
A metallic taste in the mouth is a common complaint and can be due to a variety of causes - from medication you may be taking to dental problems.
In the absence of other symptoms, it is unlikely that a metallic taste in your mouth indicates serious disease. But if you haven't had a thorough general checkup recently, i would suggest seeing your doctor to rule out any undiagnosed health problems.

In brief: Several
Dr. Richard Ruden
Dr. Richard Ruden