What are the effects marijuna have on gluacoma?

Dr. Ibrahim ElGendy

In brief: Eye

Mirijuana is a drug and it affects the brain even though some studies show that Mirijuana lowers the eye pressure but it also has very harmful side effects.

In brief: Eye

Dr. Ibrahim ElGendy
Dr. Ibrahim ElGendy
Dr. Tim Conrad
Ophthalmology

In brief: Not used

Marijuana is an ineffective drug for the treatment of glaucoma.
The fact that it has a mild effect on the pressure on the eyes is used as a political (not medical) argument for legalization of this recreational drug. I tell my patients who tell me they use marijuana for their glaucoma that they are kidding themselves. Enjoy it for the euphoria it produces, not for glaucoma effect.

In brief: Not used

Dr. Tim Conrad
Dr. Tim Conrad
Dr. Steven Seres