I recently had some apple cider and burnt my tounge, so i was wondering what's really happening to my taste buds right now?

Dr. Howard Schneider
Dentistry - Pediatric

In brief: They will heal.

Just like skin cells your taste buds are constantly being replaced and just like skin cells they will heal over time.
Depending on the severity of the burn it could take about 5-7 days. In the mean time avoid hot and/or acidy food and drinks, as they will slow down healing.

In brief: They will heal.

Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dentistry

In brief: Mild inflammation

From either the temperature or the acidity of the drink cause mild inflammation that goes away normally in a day or two .
.

In brief: Mild inflammation

.
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dr. Tarek Hamid
Dr. Scott Terry
Dentistry

In brief: Acid Attack!

Apple cider is a weak acid.
Many times acidic tastes can create a burning sensation on the tongue.

In brief: Acid Attack!

Apple cider is a weak acid.
Dr. Scott Terry
Dr. Scott Terry
Dr. Vicken Poochikian